Sunday, February 16, 2014

Next Year I Will ...

I've been loving the circle shaped overlays for a while now and several manufacturers make them.
  
However, I didn't have any so I decided to create my own. I designed this overlay on my Silhouette cameo. 

Supplies used:
Simple Stories (Hello Summer collection:patterned papers, Element 12x12 Cardstock stickers, pockets, brads, 3x4 journaling cards); Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock (Core Essentials: white, yellow, blue); Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy Cloth; Silhouette Cameo; Cuttlebug & embossing folders; Adhesives: Xyron Mega Runner & 5" Create-a-Sticker


I traced the circle shapes onto card stock and various pieces of patterned papers and then adhered them to the back of the white cutout overlay.  Some of the card stock pieces I embossed like the yellow and dark blue colours and then sanded overtop of them gently.


I embellished the circles and overall layout with some fun stickers from Simple Stories, and of course, lots of foam squares for added dimension!



My title block I also created on my Silhouette Cameo.  I just created a square shape and typed the words inside and cut it out! Super easy.  I then scored some lines around the outer edge of the card stock and gently sanded them.


I did some journaling on the smaller 3x4 journaling cards from Simple Stories and tucked one inside an envelope.

If you'd like to use my cut files you're more than welcome to.
I'm offering them for FREE!

Here they are:

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a super week.

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!
    love your layout, and the files are wonderful!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your no-photo page!! and your self designed background is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete