Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Silhouette's FREE DESIGN of the week (Nov. 4th)

Sorry for note posting in a while. Life is busy around here and I'm still getting used to my new routine of life, sports, teaching band & piano!  It's a busy time right now!  But it's all good.



Hello there all you Silhouette lovers. I've got another fun FREE Design to share with you - it's being offered this week on the Silhouette Online Design Store. Make sure to get your free design!!

Here's the layout that I created using the free design.





I cut out the top layer of the design "November" from white Adhesive Backed Cardstock.  I then sprayed various shades of mist overtop. I was trying to create an ombre effect.  It's not what I expected but I still like the outcome.




I then cut out the other part of the "november" design (with the line along the bottom) from some Printable Kraft paper. I adhered this to the top section of my layout.


When the sprayed card stock (1st layer) was dry I adhered it overtop of the kraft paper title. 


 I added some embellishments around the title area for some fun & extra colour.



I also decided to use the pumpkin shape as an embellishment.  
I began by enlarging the shape so that I could what I was doing.



I chose the knife tool . In the cutting options I chose to cut the Unfilled Shape as SOLID.  I used the FREEHAND tool to cut around the pumpkin edge.



I dragged the letter "N" away from the pumpkin shape & then grouped the 3 parts of the pumpkin shape together as one shape.  Thus creating the extra pumpkin embellishment shape for my layout.





Here's a few close-up shots.





Thanks for stopping by today. And don't forget to get your FREE Design of the Week!

Designs Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment