Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I'm back!!!!

Did you miss me??
Easter? That's seriously the last time I blogged!! Wow!!!! So sorry to all of you who've popped by and haven't seen anything new.

Life truly has been busy these last few months - teaching band, teaching piano, kids sports and lots of school activities. Nevermind just everyday family life which is always crazy!!

School finished at the end of last week for my kids and I am truly exhausted.  Really.  I just want to sit, sleep and do nothing.
But it was fun to see our middle child, Ryan, graduate from Gr. 7.  Very proud of him and looking forward to what he accomplishes as he heads to high school in the fall. Isn't he so handsome? I think so.



But this summer I have a long list of DIY projects that I'm hoping to accomplish! Yep! Guess I can't sit still for long.

My list of project:
- refinish tv stand, side table & coffee table (either staining or using some chalk paint)
- sew cushion covers
- refinish 2 old Ikea Poang chairs (I'm thinking of staining them)
- make wooden kitchen signs
- finish painting the inside of our house  (we started & then life got too busy so it's have done! Hate that)
- I've refinished an old tray that I've had for years and hope to work on another one that I just picked up at the Thrift store. (I'd love to make a tray like THIS ONE, THIS ONE  or even THIS ONE from www.paintedfoxtreasures.com . But I love them ALL!!!
This one is my favourite though!




Plus I'm hoping to hit some antique places around here because I've got some ideas brewing for projects I'd like to make. Hope I can find what I'm looking for!
I'd love to find one of these ....
... because I've always loved those antique kitchen scales.


Anyways, I have make a few pillow cushions. They're super easy & so fun to make.
The first one is a large subway art phrase. I used my Silhouette CAMEO and cut the design from some black Heat Transfer material. Ironed it on and voila!  Easy peasy!!!


This second pillow I made I wanted to create something similar to the one I'd seen online at Urban Barn.



I loved the look and design (but didn't want to pay the money) so I created my own design with a vine wreath shape (Id # 43792)  from the Silhouette Online store.
I created an Internal Offset of the image and then played with the line depth 'til I was happy with the thickness of it. The phrase inside I typed out using a font from the Silhouette Online store called LD Gregarious.
I cut this out of some black Heat Transfer material and ironed it on.



And here's a look at the tray I refinished. I used a gray Chalk paint and then finished it off with a dark brown wax. I used my Silhouette and cut out a design using some black vinyl and adhered it to the top.  I love it!




Today I've started work on a small kitchen sign.  The only problem is I'm so impatient and want to keep going but I have to let things dry completely before I can go on to the next step.
I'll be sure to share pictures shortly.

Well, off to sit & read on my deck now ... and wait not-so-patiently for the stain to dry on my sign!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment